Flare pants have made a major comeback in recent years, becoming a staple in many fashionistas’ wardrobes. These wide-leg trousers were popular in the 1970s and are characterized by their flared bottoms that widen from the knees down. However, figuring out the best way to wear flare pants can be a bit tricky. Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered! In this article, we will show you how to rock flare pants and elevate your style game.
When it comes to styling flare pants, the key is to create a balanced silhouette. Since flare pants are wider at the bottom, it’s important to choose a more fitted top to create a flattering and proportional look. A fitted turtleneck or a cropped shirt would be a great choice. Pairing flare pants with a more form-fitting top will help highlight your waistline and create an hourglass figure.
Another tip on how to wear flare pants is to choose the right footwear. Flare pants look best when worn with heels or platform shoes. The added height and elongation will enhance the overall look and make your legs appear longer. If heels are not your thing, you can also opt for a pair of wedges or chunky sandals to achieve a similar effect. The key is to avoid flats or shoes with a rounded toe, as they can make your legs appear shorter and out of proportion.
In terms of accessorizing, keep it simple and let the flare pants be the star of the show. Opt for delicate jewelry and minimalistic accessories to complement the overall look. A statement belt can also be a great addition to cinch in the waist and add some extra flair to your outfit. Remember, the goal is to achieve a balanced and polished look, so keep your accessories understated.
Now that you know how to wear flare pants, it’s time to give them a try! Experiment with different tops, shoes, and accessories to find your own unique and stylish combination. With the right styling, flare pants can be a versatile and fashionable addition to your wardrobe. Embrace the retro vibes and rock those flares with confidence!
- What are flare pants?
- Why should you wear flare pants?
- Choosing the Right Flare Pants
- Understanding different styles of flare pants
- Bootcut flare pants
- Wide-leg flare pants
- Selecting the perfect fit
- Styling Flare Pants
- Pairing flare pants with crop tops
- How to wear flare jeans if you have short legs (like me)
What are flare pants?
Flare pants, also known as bell-bottoms or wide-leg pants, are a style of trousers that are fitted through the waist and hips and gradually widen from the knees down. They are characterized by their flared shape, which creates a bell-like silhouette.
Flare pants were popularized in the 1960s and 1970s and became an iconic fashion trend of that era. They were worn by both men and women and were often associated with the hippie and bohemian subcultures. These pants were seen as a symbol of counterculture and rebellion, breaking away from the slim-fitting styles of previous decades.
Flare pants are typically made from lightweight fabrics such as denim, cotton, or linen, which allows for the flowing shape of the flares. They can come in various lengths, from full-length to cropped, and can be styled in different ways depending on the occasion and personal preference.
To wear flare pants, it is important to balance the proportions of your outfit. Since flare pants are voluminous at the bottom, it is best to pair them with a more fitted top to create a balanced silhouette. This can include a tucked-in blouse, a fitted T-shirt, or a cropped jacket.
When it comes to footwear, flare pants can be styled with a variety of options depending on the desired look. For a casual and bohemian vibe, they can be paired with flat sandals or ankle boots. For a more sophisticated and polished look, they can be worn with heels or platform shoes.
Overall, flare pants are a stylish and versatile wardrobe staple that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. With the right styling and accessories, they can create a chic and fashion-forward outfit. Whether you prefer a retro-inspired look or a modern twist, flare pants are a trendy option that can add a touch of flair to any outfit.
Why should you wear flare pants?
Flare pants have been a fashion staple for decades, and they continue to be a popular choice for many fashion enthusiasts. But why should you wear flare pants? Here are a few reasons:
Flare pants can be dressed up or down, making them a versatile addition to your wardrobe. Whether you pair them with a casual t-shirt for a relaxed look or dress them up with a stylish blouse for a more polished outfit, flare pants can be easily styled for any occasion.
Flare pants are known for their ability to flatter different body types. The fitted waist and flared hem create a balanced silhouette by accentuating the waist and elongating the legs. This makes flare pants a great choice for those looking to create an hourglass figure or add curves to their shape.
Additionally, the wide leg of flare pants can help balance out a pear-shaped figure or create the illusion of longer legs for those with a petite frame.
So, if you’re looking for a flattering and stylish option, flare pants are a great choice.
Keep in mind that when wearing flare pants, it’s important to pay attention to the length. The pants should ideally reach the ground or graze the top of your shoes for a polished look.
Overall, flare pants offer a unique and fashionable look that can be easily incorporated into your wardrobe. So why not give them a try and see how they can elevate your style?
Choosing the Right Flare Pants
When it comes to wearing flare pants, it’s important to choose the right pair that will suit your body type and personal style. Here are some tips on how to select the perfect flare pants:
1. Consider your body shape: Flare pants can be flattering for various body shapes, but it’s essential to choose a style that complements your figure. If you have an hourglass shape, opt for high-waisted flare pants to accentuate your waist. If you have a pear-shaped body, choose flare pants with a slight bootcut to balance out your hips. For those with a rectangular shape, go for flare pants with details like pockets or pleats to create more curves.
2. Find the right fit: When trying on flare pants, make sure they fit well in the waist and hips to avoid any unflattering bulges. Look for a pair that has some stretch to ensure comfort and ease of movement. It’s also important to check the length, as flare pants should ideally hit just above the ground when wearing heels, making your legs appear longer and leaner.
3. Consider the fabric: The fabric of your flare pants can greatly impact the overall look and feel. Opt for medium-weight fabrics like denim or crepe for a structured and polished appearance. Lighter fabrics like linen or cotton can give a more relaxed and casual vibe. Additionally, consider the season you’ll be wearing the pants in, as heavier fabrics are ideal for colder months, while lighter fabrics work well in warm weather.
4. Experiment with colors and patterns: While classic black flare pants are versatile and timeless, don’t be afraid to explore different colors and patterns to add interest to your outfit. Neutral tones like navy, gray, or tan can be great alternatives to black, while prints like stripes or floral can bring a fun and playful touch. Just ensure that the colors and patterns you choose complement the rest of your wardrobe.
5. Personalize with accessories: Once you’ve chosen the perfect pair of flare pants, don’t forget to accessorize to complete your look. A belt can be a great addition to define your waist, and statement jewelry can add a touch of glamour. Experiment with different shoe styles too, like heels for a more dressed-up look or flat sandals for a casual and bohemian feel.
Remember, wearing flare pants is all about embracing your own style and personality. So, have fun finding the perfect pair and rock them with confidence!
Understanding different styles of flare pants
When it comes to how to wear flare pants, understanding the different styles available is key. Flare pants come in various cuts and designs, each offering a unique look and fit. Here, we’ll break down some of the most popular styles to help you find the perfect pair for your wardrobe.
Bootcut flare pants
Bootcut flare pants are a classic style that flares out from the knee, resembling the shape of a boot. These pants are versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. They are particularly flattering for those with an hourglass figure, as they accentuate the curves and create a balanced silhouette.
Wide-leg flare pants
Wide-leg flare pants have a more exaggerated flared silhouette, with the leg opening starting from the waist or upper thigh. These pants are known for their retro and bohemian vibe, and they can add a touch of drama to any outfit. Pair them with a fitted top or crop top to balance out the volume and create a stylish look.
|Bootcut flare pants||Flares out from the knee, resembling the shape of a boot|
|Wide-leg flare pants||Exaggerated flared silhouette, starting from the waist or upper thigh|
These are just a few examples of the different styles of flare pants available. Whether you prefer a more subtle flare or a dramatic wide-leg look, there is a style out there to suit your personal taste and body type. Experiment with different styles and embrace the retro-inspired trend of flare pants!
Selecting the perfect fit
When it comes to how to wear flare pants, selecting the perfect fit is essential. The right fit can make all the difference in achieving a stylish and flattering look. Here are some tips to help you choose the best fit:
- Consider the length: Flare pants come in various lengths, so it’s important to choose one that flatters your height. If you’re taller, opt for longer flare pants that cover your heels for an elongating effect. If you’re shorter, choose a shorter length that hits just above the ground to avoid overwhelming your frame.
- Pay attention to the waistband: The waistband of flare pants can vary, so it’s important to find one that fits comfortably and sits at your natural waist. A high-waisted style can create a slimming effect and enhance your curves, while a lower waistband can give a more relaxed and casual look.
- Try different fabrics: Flare pants come in a range of fabrics, including denim, linen, and cotton. Consider the occasion and climate when selecting the fabric. Denim is versatile and can be dressed up or down, while linen and cotton are perfect for warmer weather and have a more relaxed feel.
- Check the fit through the hips and thighs: The fit through the hips and thighs can greatly impact how flare pants look on your body. Look for a pair that skims your curves without being too tight or too loose. This will create a streamlined silhouette and prevent any unnecessary bulk.
- Experiment with different styles: Flare pants come in various styles, including bootcut, bell-bottom, and wide leg. Try on different styles to see which one suits your body type and personal style best. You can also play with different prints and patterns to add some personality to your outfit.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to select the perfect fit for your flare pants, ensuring you look stylish and confident whenever you wear them.
Styling Flare Pants
When it comes to styling flare pants, there are a few key points to consider. Flare pants are a statement piece that can bring a retro and stylish vibe to your outfit. Here’s how to rock this trendy silhouette:
1. Pair with a Fitted Top: Flare pants have a wide and voluminous shape, so it’s important to balance the proportions by wearing a fitted top. Opt for a tucked-in blouse or a bodysuit to create a streamlined look.
2. Choose the Right Length: Flare pants come in various lengths, so it’s crucial to find the one that suits your height and body shape. Ideally, the flare should start at or slightly below the knee for a flattering effect.
3. Opt for High-Waisted Styles: High-waisted flare pants elongate the legs and give a retro flair to your outfit. Pair them with a cropped top or a tucked-in shirt to showcase the flattering waistline.
4. Play with Patterns and Prints: Flare pants are a great canvas for experimenting with patterns and prints. Try floral, striped, or geometric designs to add visual interest to your look.
5. Complete the Look with Heels: Flare pants look best when worn with heels. The added height will further elongate your legs and create a more polished and sophisticated look.
Remember, confidence is key when rocking flare pants. Experiment with different styles and find what works best for you. Embrace the retro vibe and have fun with your fashion choices!
Pairing flare pants with crop tops
When it comes to wearing flare pants, one of the most stylish ways to do so is by pairing them with crop tops. This combination not only adds a trendy touch to your outfit, but it also helps to balance out the voluminous silhouette of the pants.
When choosing a crop top to wear with flare pants, it’s important to consider the length and style. Opt for a crop top that hits just above the waistline of the pants, as this will create a flattering and proportionate look. Additionally, choose a crop top that complements the style of the pants. For example, if you’re wearing high-waisted flare pants, a fitted crop top will accentuate your waist and create a sleek and polished ensemble.
Another great option for pairing flare pants with crop tops is by opting for a matching set. This can be a set that includes a crop top and flare pants in the same color or pattern, creating a cohesive and coordinated look. Alternatively, you can also mix and match different colors or patterns for a more eclectic and personalized outfit.
If you’re new to wearing flare pants, consider starting with a solid colored pair and pairing them with a neutral crop top. This combination can create a chic and effortless look that is perfect for both casual and dressier occasions. Experiment with different styles and colors to find the combination that suits your personal style and preferences.
|– Avoid wearing oversized or boxy crop tops with flare pants, as they can overwhelm your figure and make the outfit appear unbalanced.|
|– Consider adding accessories such as statement earrings or a belt to complete your look and add an extra touch of style.|
|– Don’t be afraid to have fun with different textures and fabrics. Pairing a flowy satin crop top with velvet flare pants can create a luxurious and eye-catching look.|
Overall, pairing flare pants with crop tops is a fashionable and versatile way to wear these statement pants. Whether you opt for a matching set or mix and match different colors and patterns, this combination is sure to elevate your outfit and make a stylish statement.