Wearing boots with pants can be a stylish and versatile choice for any occasion. Whether you’re going for a casual or a more polished look, boots can add an extra touch of sophistication and edge to your outfit. But figuring out how to properly style boots with pants can be a bit tricky. Luckily, we have some tips and tricks to help you master this fashion trend!
Firstly, it’s important to consider the length and style of your pants. If you’re wearing skinny jeans or leggings, tucking them into your boots can create a sleek and streamlined look. This works particularly well with ankle boots or mid-calf boots. Be sure to choose pants that are slim-fitting and not too baggy, as this can create a bulky appearance.
If you prefer a more relaxed and casual look, you can opt for a “cuff and tuck” method. Roll up the hem of your pants a few inches and then tuck them into your boots. This can create a cool and laid-back vibe, especially when paired with a cozy sweater or a flannel shirt.
Another great way to wear boots with pants is to pair them with wide-leg trousers or bootcut jeans. The key here is to have the hem of your pants fall just above the top of your boots. This creates a balanced and proportionate look, without overwhelming your boots. A pair of statement boots, such as ones with a bold pattern or color, can really elevate this style.
Remember, the key to successfully wearing boots with pants is to experiment and find what works best for you. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles and silhouettes until you find the perfect combination. Embrace your personal style and have fun with your outfit! With these tips in mind, you’ll be rocking the boots with pants trend in no time.
- Types of Boots to Wear with Pants
- Ankle Boots with Skinny Jeans
- Tips for Wearing Ankle Boots with Skinny Jeans:
- Combat Boots with Straight Leg Pants
- Over-the-Knee Boots with Leggings
- Chelsea Boots with Cropped Trousers
- Cowboy Boots with Bootcut Jeans
- How to Wear Boots With The Hottest Jean Trends of 2022/2023
Types of Boots to Wear with Pants
When it comes to wearing boots with pants, it’s important to choose the right style of boots that will complement your pants and create a stylish and cohesive look. Here are some popular types of boots to consider:
|Ankle Boots||These boots come up to the ankle and are perfect for wearing with skinny jeans or cropped pants. They add a touch of sophistication and edge to any outfit.|
|Knee-High Boots||These boots extend up to the knee and are best suited for wearing with straight-leg or wide-leg pants. They create a sleek and streamlined look and are perfect for colder weather.|
|Chelsea Boots||These boots have an elastic panel on the sides, making them easy to slip on and off. They are versatile and can be worn with jeans of any style, adding a polished and refined touch to your outfit.|
|Riding Boots||These boots have a flat heel and reach up to the knee. They are typically worn with bootcut or flared pants and create a classic and equestrian-inspired look.|
|Combat Boots||These sturdy and rugged boots are perfect for creating a grunge or edgy look. They can be paired with skinny jeans or cargo pants to add a touch of rebellion to your outfit.|
|Over-the-Knee Boots||These boots extend above the knee and are best suited for wearing with mini skirts or skinny jeans. They add a dose of sexiness and drama to your outfit.|
Remember, the key to wearing boots with pants is to choose a style that complements your personal style and the overall look you want to achieve. Whether you prefer a casual or dressy look, there is a perfect pair of boots out there for you!
Ankle Boots with Skinny Jeans
When it comes to wearing boots, ankle boots are a versatile option that can be paired with a variety of outfits. One popular way to style ankle boots is with skinny jeans. This combination creates a sleek and polished look that is perfect for both casual and dressed-up occasions.
To wear ankle boots with skinny jeans, start by selecting a pair of ankle boots that complement your jeans. Choose boots in a color that either matches or contrasts with your jeans for a stylish effect. For example, pairing black ankle boots with black skinny jeans creates a streamlined and monochromatic look, while brown ankle boots can add warmth and depth to a pair of blue skinny jeans.
Next, consider the length of your skinny jeans. For a clean and polished look, tuck your jeans into your ankle boots. This creates a streamlined silhouette and allows the focus to be on the boots. If you prefer a more casual and relaxed look, you can also cuff the bottom of your skinny jeans above the ankle boots. This creates a more laid-back and effortless vibe.
When it comes to the style of ankle boots, there are many options to choose from. Classic leather ankle boots with a low heel are a timeless choice that can be dressed up or down. For a more edgy look, opt for ankle boots with studs, buckles, or other embellishments. Suede ankle boots can add a touch of luxury and texture to your outfit.
Finally, consider the proportions of your outfit when wearing ankle boots with skinny jeans. Since ankle boots can visually shorten the appearance of your legs, it’s important to balance the proportions. One way to do this is by wearing a longer top or layering a jacket or cardigan over your shirt. This creates a balanced and flattering look.
Tips for Wearing Ankle Boots with Skinny Jeans:
|1.||Choose ankle boots that complement your jeans in color.|
|2.||Tuck your skinny jeans into the ankle boots for a polished look.|
|3.||Cuff the bottom of your skinny jeans for a more casual vibe.|
|4.||Consider the style of ankle boots that best suits your personal style.|
|5.||Balance the proportions of your outfit by wearing a longer top or layering.|
Combat Boots with Straight Leg Pants
When it comes to wearing combat boots with straight leg pants, there are a few key styling tips to keep in mind. The combination of the rugged combat boot and the sleek silhouette of straight leg pants creates a stylish and edgy look. Here’s how to wear combat boots with straight leg pants:
1. Tuck your pants into the boots: Start by tucking the hem of your straight leg pants into the combat boots. This will give your outfit a streamlined and polished look. Make sure the pants are well-fitted and not too baggy to avoid any unnecessary bulkiness.
2. Opt for cropped pants: If you prefer a more casual and relaxed look, try pairing your combat boots with cropped straight leg pants. This will show off your boots and add a trendy touch to your outfit. Ensure that the hem of the pants hits just above the ankle for the perfect length.
3. Style with a tucked-in top: To balance out the bulkiness of the combat boots, opt for a tucked-in top. This will define your waistline and create a more flattering silhouette. You can choose a fitted t-shirt, a button-down blouse, or a sweater depending on the occasion and your personal style.
4. Add layers: Combat boots and straight leg pants are perfect for creating a layered look. You can pair them with a leather jacket, a denim jacket, or an oversized cardigan for added warmth and style. Experiment with different textures and colors to create a unique and eye-catching outfit.
5. Accessorize appropriately: Complete your combat boot and straight leg pants ensemble with the right accessories. A chunky scarf, a beanie hat, or a statement belt can add extra style and personality to your outfit. Choose accessories that complement the overall look and feel of your outfit.
Remember, wearing combat boots with straight leg pants is all about balance and proportion. By following these tips, you can create a fashion-forward and trendy outfit that showcases your personal style.
Over-the-Knee Boots with Leggings
When it comes to wearing over-the-knee boots with leggings, there are a few key factors to keep in mind. These stylish boots can instantly elevate any outfit, but it’s important to wear them in a way that flatters your figure and creates a balanced look.
Here are some tips on how to wear over-the-knee boots with leggings:
- Choose the right length: When wearing leggings with over-the-knee boots, opt for leggings that hit just above the knee or mid-thigh. This will create a seamless transition between the leggings and boots, elongating your legs and creating a streamlined look. Avoid leggings that are too long or too short, as they can detract from the overall aesthetic.
- Pair with oversized tops: To balance out the fitted silhouette of leggings and boots, pair them with oversized tops or sweaters. This will create a chic and effortless look while providing coverage for a more flattering silhouette.
- Experiment with different textures: Over-the-knee boots come in various materials and textures, so feel free to experiment with different styles. Leather boots can add a sleek and sophisticated touch to your outfit, while suede boots can create a more relaxed and bohemian vibe. Choose the style that best complements your personal style and the occasion.
- Add layers: Layering can add depth and dimension to your outfit. Try wearing a long cardigan or jacket over your oversized top to create a more layered look. This will help create a more interesting visual effect and add warmth during colder months.
- Accessorize thoughtfully: To complete your look, consider adding some accessories such as a statement belt, a chunky scarf, or a crossbody bag. These small touches can elevate your outfit and add personality to your overall look without overwhelming the boots and leggings.
Remember, the key to wearing over-the-knee boots with leggings is to create a balanced and cohesive look. By following these tips, you’ll be able to rock this stylish combination with confidence.
Chelsea Boots with Cropped Trousers
When it comes to stylish and versatile footwear, Chelsea boots are a must-have in any wardrobe. These timeless boots can easily be paired with a variety of pants, including cropped trousers, to create a chic and put-together look.
Cropped trousers offer a modern and trendy silhouette that pairs perfectly with Chelsea boots. The cropped length showcases your boots, allowing them to take center stage in your outfit. This combination is great for both casual and dressier occasions, making it a versatile option for any style.
When wearing Chelsea boots with cropped trousers, it’s important to pay attention to the fit and proportions. Opt for trousers that hit around ankle length, as this will create a clean and streamlined look. Avoid trousers that are too baggy or loose, as they can overwhelm the sleekness of the boots.
For a timeless and classic outfit, pair black Chelsea boots with black cropped trousers. This monochromatic look elongates your legs and creates a sleek and sophisticated appearance. Add a fitted blazer or a tailored shirt to complete the ensemble.
If you prefer a more casual and edgy style, try pairing brown Chelsea boots with cropped denim trousers. The contrast between the rugged denim and the polished boots adds interest to your outfit. Complete the look with a graphic tee and a leather jacket for a cool and effortless vibe.
Remember to experiment and have fun with different combinations of Chelsea boots and cropped trousers. Whether you’re going for a polished or casual look, this pairing is sure to elevate your style and make a fashionable statement.
Cowboy Boots with Bootcut Jeans
When it comes to wearing cowboy boots with bootcut jeans, there are a few key elements to keep in mind. The combination of boots and pants can create a stylish and western-inspired look. Here are some tips on how to achieve the perfect cowboy boot and bootcut jean ensemble:
- Choose the right jeans: Opt for a pair of bootcut jeans that have a slightly flared leg opening. This style of jeans is ideal for wearing with cowboy boots as it allows the boots to be showcased.
- Length matters: Make sure that your jeans are the appropriate length. The hem of the jeans should fall just above the heel of your boots, allowing the boots to be visible.
- Tuck them in: To fully showcase your cowboy boots, tuck the bottom part of your jeans into the boots. This will create a seamless and polished look.
- Consider the fit: Ensure that your jeans fit you well, especially around the hips and thighs. A well-fitted pair of jeans will enhance your entire outfit.
- Choose the right boots: When pairing cowboy boots with bootcut jeans, consider the style and color of the boots. Opt for traditional western-style boots that complement your jeans. Brown or black leather boots are versatile options that work well with various shades of denim.
- Accessorize: Complete your cowboy boot and bootcut jean look with accessories such as a belt with a western-inspired buckle or a cowboy hat. These accessories can add an extra touch of style and authenticity to your outfit.
By following these tips, you can confidently wear cowboy boots with bootcut jeans and create a fashionable western-inspired look. Remember to choose the right jeans, tuck them in, and pair them with the perfect boots to achieve a stylish and polished outfit.