Curly hair can be a challenge to style, especially when it comes to finding the right accessories. However, one accessory that can complement your curls and add a touch of style is the beanie. Whether you’re rocking natural curls, waves, or spirals, a beanie can be a versatile and trendy addition to your wardrobe.
When choosing a beanie to wear with your curly hair, opt for a slouchy or oversized style. This will help accommodate the volume of your curls and prevent your hair from being flattened or squished. Look for beanies made from soft, stretchy materials like cotton or acrylic that won’t cause your hair to tangle or break.
To enhance your curly hair while wearing a beanie, lightly mist your hair with a leave-in conditioner or curl-enhancing spray. This will help to define and revitalize your curls, preventing them from becoming frizzy or flattened under the beanie. Use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to gently distribute the product throughout your hair, scrunching your curls upwards for added bounce and volume.
When putting on your beanie, resist the urge to pull it down tightly over your head. Instead, position it slightly back on your forehead, allowing your curls to peek out from underneath. For added style, you can create a side part or pull a few strands of hair forward to frame your face. Complete the look with a bold lip color or statement earrings to draw attention to your curly hair and add a touch of glamour to your outfit.
- How to Wear a Beanie with Curly Hair
- Tips for Choosing the Right Beanie
- Consider the Material
- Opt for a Slouchy Style
- Experiment with Colors and Patterns
- Styling Your Curly Hair before Putting on a Beanie
- Cleanse and Condition Your Hair
- Apply a Styling Product
- Choosing the Right Size Beanie for Your Curly Hair
- Measuring Your Head
- Finding the Right Fit
- Trying It On
- Ways to Wear a Beanie to Complement Your Curly Hair
- 1. All Curly and Free
- 2. Half Up, Half Down
- Accessorizing Your Beanie with Jewelry for Curly Hair
- How To Wear A Basecap / Beanie With Long Curly Hair
- YANIBEST Slouchy Satin Bonnet beanie for Adult Curly Hair, Patent Design
How to Wear a Beanie with Curly Hair
Curly hair can add a unique and stylish touch to any outfit, but it can sometimes be tricky to find the right accessories that complement it. One accessory that can easily enhance your curly hair is a beanie. Here are some tips on how to wear a beanie with curly hair.
1. Choose the Right Beanie: When it comes to wearing a beanie with curly hair, it’s important to choose the right style and material. Opt for a beanie that is made of a stretchy material like wool or acrylic, as it will better accommodate your curls and provide a comfortable fit.
2. Prep Your Hair: Before wearing a beanie, it’s essential to prepare your curly hair properly. Start by applying a leave-in conditioner or curl-enhancing cream to keep your curls moisturized and defined. Gently comb through your hair with your fingers to remove any tangles or knots.
3. Maintain Volume: One of the challenges of wearing a beanie with curly hair is maintaining volume. To avoid flat and squashed curls, flip your head forward and gently shake your hair to add volume. Then, carefully place the beanie on your head, making sure it covers your ears and sits comfortably on top of your head.
4. Position the Beanie: For a chic and casual look, position the beanie slightly back on your head, allowing some curls to peek out from the front. This will give your curly hair a relaxed and effortless appearance. Alternatively, you can pull the beanie down snugly over your head for a more snug and cozy look.
5. Personalize with Accessories: Don’t be afraid to add some personal flair to your beanie and curly hair combination. Consider accessorizing with statement earrings, a colorful scarf, or a cute pin to elevate your overall look.
6. Embrace the Imperfections: Remember, curly hair is all about embracing the natural texture and personality of your locks. Don’t worry if a few curls stick out from under the beanie or if your hair gets a bit frizzy after wearing it. Embrace the imperfections and rock your curly hair and beanie combination with confidence!
With these tips in mind, you can now confidently wear a beanie with your curly hair and showcase your unique style and personality.
Tips for Choosing the Right Beanie
When it comes to wearing a beanie with curly hair, it’s important to choose the right style that complements your hair type. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect choice:
Consider the Material
Curly hair tends to be more prone to frizz and static, so it’s best to choose a beanie made from a soft and smooth material like cotton or cashmere. These materials will help to minimize friction and reduce the likelihood of frizz.
Opt for a Slouchy Style
A slouchy beanie is a great option for curly hair as it provides more room for your curls to breathe. This style allows you to wear your beanie lower on your head, which helps to maintain the volume and shape of your curls.
Additionally, a slouchy beanie can be pulled down to cover your ears, providing extra warmth without flattening your curls.
Also, consider beanies with a looser knit or ribbed texture, as they allow for more flexibility and accommodate different curl patterns and volumes.
Experiment with Colors and Patterns
Don’t be afraid to have fun with your beanie and experiment with different colors and patterns. Opt for vibrant colors or bold patterns that can add a pop of color to your curly hair. This can help to highlight your individual style while keeping your head warm.
If you prefer a more subtle look, neutral colors like black, gray, or navy can easily complement any outfit and hair color.
Remember, the key is to choose a beanie that makes you feel confident and comfortable. So go ahead and rock your curly hair with a stylish beanie!
Styling Your Curly Hair before Putting on a Beanie
When it comes to wearing a beanie with curly hair, it’s important to style your hair properly to ensure a comfortable and stylish look. Here are some tips on how to style your curly hair before putting on a beanie:
Cleanse and Condition Your Hair
Start by washing your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for curly hair. This will help hydrate and define your curls, making them easier to style.
Apply a Styling Product
Apply a curl-defining product, such as a mousse or curl cream, to your damp hair. This will help enhance your natural curls and reduce frizz. Make sure to evenly distribute the product from roots to ends.
Next, use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to gently detangle your curls. Avoid using a brush, as it can cause your curls to frizz up.
If your curls tend to be on the frizzy side, you can apply a small amount of anti-frizz serum or oil to control any flyaways.
Once you’ve applied the styling product and detangled your curls, it’s time to dry your hair. You can either let your hair air dry or use a diffuser attachment on a low heat setting to speed up the process. Avoid using a regular hair dryer, as the heat can cause frizz and damage to your curls.
Now that your curly hair is dry and styled, you can proceed to wearing your beanie. Simply put the beanie on your head, making sure it covers your ears and sits comfortably on your hair. Adjust the fit as needed.
Remember, when wearing a beanie, your curls might get slightly flattened or have some indentations. To revive your curls after taking off the beanie, you can scrunch your hair with your hands or use a curl-refreshing spray.
With these styling tips, you can confidently wear a beanie with your curly hair and still look fabulous!
Choosing the Right Size Beanie for Your Curly Hair
When it comes to wearing a beanie with curly hair, choosing the right size is key. The wrong size beanie can either squash your curls or not cover them fully, making it uncomfortable or impractical.
Measuring Your Head
Before you start shopping for a beanie, it’s important to measure the circumference of your head. Take a flexible measuring tape and wrap it around your head just above your ears, where the beanie will sit. Make sure the tape is snug but not too tight. Note down the measurement in inches or centimeters.
Finding the Right Fit
Once you have your head circumference measurement, you can start looking for beanies that come in sizes. Depending on the brand or manufacturer, beanies may be labeled with sizes like S, M, L, or numerical measurements.
Avoid beanies that are labeled as “one size fits all” as they may not provide the best fit for your curly hair. Look for beanies that are specifically designed for larger heads or have a stretchy material that can accommodate your curls.
Tip: If you have very voluminous or long curly hair, consider opting for a slouchy beanie. These beanies are looser and have more room for your curls to fit comfortably without getting squished.
Trying It On
When purchasing a beanie, try it on to check the fit and how it covers your curly hair. Make sure it sits snugly on your head without feeling too tight or leaving a gap. It should cover your ears and reach just above your forehead.
If you’re shopping online, check the measurements provided by the brand and compare them to your head circumference. You can also read customer reviews to get an idea of how the beanie fits curly-haired individuals.
Remember, finding the right size beanie for your curly hair is essential for comfort and style. With the perfect fit, you can confidently rock a beanie while flaunting your fabulous curls!
Ways to Wear a Beanie to Complement Your Curly Hair
If you have curly hair and love wearing beanies, you may be wondering how to style them in a way that complements your curls. Luckily, there are several ways you can wear a beanie to enhance the look of your curly hair.
1. All Curly and Free
One simple yet stylish way to wear a beanie with curly hair is to let your curls loose and flow naturally. Simply put on the beanie, allowing your curls to peek out from underneath. This effortless look can give your curly hair a cool and casual vibe.
2. Half Up, Half Down
If you prefer a more polished look, try wearing your curly hair half up and half down with a beanie. Gather the top section of your hair into a loose bun or ponytail, leaving the rest of your curls to frame your face. Then, place the beanie on top to complete the look. This style adds a touch of elegance to your curly hair while still keeping it fun and playful.
|Slouchy Beanie||A slouchy beanie is a great choice for those with longer curls as it allows for more room and can create a relaxed and cozy look.|
|Fitted Beanie||If you have shorter curls, a fitted beanie can give a sleek and polished appearance. It hugs your head and accentuates your curls beautifully.|
|Pom Pom Beanie||Add a playful touch to your curly hair with a pom pom beanie. The fluffy pom pom on top adds a fun and cute element to your overall look.|
Experiment with different beanie styles and find the one that suits your curly hair and personal style best. Remember to embrace your curls and have fun accessorizing with beanies!
Accessorizing Your Beanie with Jewelry for Curly Hair
Adding jewelry to your beanie is a fun and fashionable way to enhance your curly hair and make a statement with your style. Whether you’re heading out for a casual day or going to a special event, accessorizing your beanie with jewelry can take your look to the next level. Here are some tips on how to do it:
1. Choose the right jewelry: When selecting jewelry to wear with your beanie, consider the style and color of your beanie as well as the occasion. Delicate earrings or studs can add a touch of elegance, while statement earrings or hoops can make a bold statement. Necklaces, bracelets, and rings can also complement your look, so choose pieces that coordinate well with your beanie and hair.
2. Coordinate colors: To create a cohesive look, consider coordinating the colors of your jewelry with your beanie and hair color. For example, if you’re wearing a beanie in a neutral color like black or gray, you can opt for silver or gold jewelry to match. If you’re wearing a colorful beanie, choose jewelry in complementary colors to create a visually appealing combination.
3. Consider the size: When it comes to jewelry, the size matters. If you’re wearing a beanie that covers most of your hair, opt for smaller, dainty jewelry that won’t get lost or tangled in your curls. If your beanie allows for more hair to show, you can go for bolder and larger pieces to make a statement.
4. Placement is key: Where you place your jewelry can make a difference in how it enhances your curly hair. Dangling earrings can draw attention to your curls, while a necklace can create a focal point around your face. Experiment with different placements to find what works best for your hair type and style.
5. Confidence is key: No matter how you accessorize your beanie with jewelry, the most important thing is to wear it with confidence. Embrace your curly hair and own your style. Whether you prefer subtle or statement pieces, your confidence will shine through and make any look complete.
Remember, accessorizing your beanie with jewelry is a personal choice, so have fun and experiment with different combinations until you find what works best for you. With the right jewelry, you can elevate your beanie look and show off your beautiful curly hair in style!